Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wednesday Opening?

I have been fooled multiple times this year by movies I thought I just had to see.  Sucker Punch being one of them.  I was so excited to see that, and then they didn't release it on Wednesday.  By Friday, I had heard nothing good about the movie.  I guess the fact that they did not release it on Wednesday was a good litmus test.

In fact, it may be a good test for any supposed "Big" movie.  Thor is the next example.  If they release it next Wednesday, I will go see it.  If they do not, then I won't.

These are suppose to be bankable movies.  The allure of both films would seem to justify opening on Wednesday, right?  Sometimes you have to ask yourself, " Should I see the "Big" film I've been waiting to see if it isn't screened by critics, and then  opens on Friday?"  And now you know how I decide if one of the "Big" movies is even worth my hard-earned money. 

The next film I plan on seeing in the theater will open on a Wednesday.  Which one will it be?

Check out one of my older posts that you may have missed. It deals with both movies and the rewrite of Monarch.

-aap

No comments: