Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

One Week Until The Release Of Monarch: Egg

Seven days and counting until the first of four stages in my novel Monarch is released upon the world.  Holy Christmas! am I excited about this.  This is hardly a finish line, but it is a first step.

For those of you who read this and have not purchased either Monarch: Egg or Monarch (all four stages, which will be updated upon the release of each subsequent stage), no sweat.  Amazon is running them both at discounted prices.  Egg is available for FREE through tomorrow, and all four stages are available for only $0.99 for a limited time.

Believe it or not I have had my fair share of doubts along the way. As an actor out in Los Angeles that "choice" role eluded me.  As a screenwriter I wrote stories that contained the type of roles I had always dreamed of portraying, and finally had the opportunity to do so in the handful of short films I wrote, produced, directed, edited and starred in.  Talk about stress, try wearing all those hats.  That was all GREAT experience, but proved too time consuming and fruitless to continue.

The dawn of the eBook opened my eyes, and the inevitable next step was writing Fiction. All of my previous experience has helped shape the way I work in crafting short stories and now with Monarch.  But it was undoubtedly the writing of screenplays with multiple stories around a central story that best prepared me for writing this novel.

Last night, over a cup of coffee, I was taking account of all my written work over the past twenty years.  I realized that over half of the screenplays that I have written are multi-storied like Pulp Fiction or Crash.  Ironically enough, it was the writing of all those stories that best prepared me for releasing Monarch in four stages.  While there are those who are diehard paper-bound book readers, I love eBooks.   It is because of the eBook format that I wrote Monarch.

My next book will also start off as an eBook.  I don't want to talk about it too much before Monarch is even out, but I will say that it is my favorite screenplay I have ever written and it has multiple stories that will be released in several parts.  But first things first.  In seven days you can start the journey with Ginger Reed and the rest of humanity as we count down the hours to 12/21/2012.

-aap

No comments: